05 Jan We are Hiring! Executive Director for Raleigh, NC
We are Hiring! Executive Director for Raleigh, NC
TITLE: Executive Director
REPORTS TO: Board of Directors
POSITION: Exempt/Full Time
West Raleigh Baseball Association, located in Raleigh, North Carolina seeks a visionary, passionate, innovative Executive Director with proven nonprofit leadership, business development and volunteer management skills. An historically rich organization with a throw-back community family vibe, West Raleigh Baseball Association is a financially healthy nonprofit with an excellent reputation and manicured facilities. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Leading, expanding, and developing nonprofit organizations
- Working across multiple cultures to create inclusive and equitable programs
- Managing youth sports and mentoring children and youth
- Cultivating and soliciting donors and sponsors
West Raleigh Baseball Association (WRBA) is a Cal Ripken affiliated league that hosts approximately 500 players from 5 to 12 years WRBA is committed to offering local players and families the best youth baseball experience and player development opportunities. WRBA has a rich baseball history, including a community of former collegiate and professional coaches helping guide the principles of player development throughout the league. With the support of volunteers, local partners, and parents, WRBA is a community making an impact on children’s lives. WRBA’s 60-year history, on-field success, and guiding principles have led to a recent national brand partnership with Changing the Game Project.
The Executive Director is responsible for building relationships across diverse cultures and stakeholders. These stakeholders include players, parents, coaches, commissioners, alumni, donors, staff, local businesses, and community partners. The Executive Director will provide leadership and support to the Board of Directors in attaining and allocating resources, implementing programs, program oversight and evaluation, and direction to volunteers and staff.
KEY ROLES: (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Support WRBA’s mission and vision
- Oversee operations, ensuring effective implementation of programs, events, and activities
- Create and maintain strategic alliances and collaborative partnerships with organizations, community leaders and local officials
- Work with all organizational vendors
- Be visible and engaged with players and parents at practices and games
- Carry out short-term and long-term planning objectives
- Monitor field maintenance staff, game scheduling and safety for all
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, renew and steward prospective and current donors and sponsors
- Participate in fundraising activities of the board
- Identify grants and partnerships that are a good match with WRBA’s mission and needs
- Monitor the annual budget in collaboration with the board Finance Committee
- Develop robust and diverse funding strategies; participate in cultivation and solicitation efforts, engaging board members and key volunteers as appropriate
- Ensure the annual budget is funded and the organization maintains adequate cash flow
Strategic Planning & Board Relations
- Oversee the implementation of WRBA’s strategic plan
- Identify opportunities for organizational growth and improvement
- Assist in the recruitment and orientation of new board members as needed
- Ensure the Board of Directors is trained on organizational and governance policies and programs
- Actively engage with the board and Baseball Committee to maximize their contributions to WRBA’s success
- Maintain a consistent emphasis on the importance of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Provide leadership in preserving and growing the family friendly community of WRBA Communications
- Ensure regular and transparent communication with parents, coaches, and commissioners
- Create marketing and promotional materials, both print and electronic
- Manage social media to ensure content is fresh and engaging, and is updated regularly
- Maintain an accurate and updated WRBA website
- Ensure scheduling of practices and games is completed with integrity
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college/university or equivalent work experience
- Experience inspiring and mentoring children and youth; working with youth sports; a love of baseball
- Proven leadership skills and work ethic including negotiation, problem solving, decision making and delegation
- Comfortable working with and managing volunteers and parents
- Commitment to quality, outcome-based programs, and data-driven program evaluation
- Demonstrable success in sponsorship development
- Proven self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong moral compass and demonstrates a servant leadership approach to the work
- Excels in critical thinking; ability to make decisions quickly and decisively
- Persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
It is the policy of the West Raleigh Baseball Association to provide equal opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual preference, age, or disability.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
Armstrong McGuire & Associates, based in Raleigh, NC is conducting this search.
To apply, click on the link to the West Raleigh Baseball Association position profile at www.ArmstrongMcGuire.com/apply. You will see instructions for uploading your cover letter, resume and professional references.
In case of any technical problems, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position has been filled.